Frequently Asked Questions
The program begins once a year in the fall semester. The first fall semester will be fall 2021. Incoming freshmen or sophomores (fall 2020 enrollment) may apply for conditional admission to the program on their applications beginning this coming fall 2020, although nursing courses (at the junior level) will not begin until fall 2021.
*Current Florida College freshmen and sophomores who are interested in the nursing program may email academic dean, Dr. John Weaver, for more information about their courses.*
Students may apply to be provisionally admitted to the nursing program in their freshman year. Students who are seeking provisional admittance into the nursing program at Florida College must also complete an application for final acceptance into the nursing program during their sophomore year.
The application deadline will be February 1 (with the exception for fall of 2020) prior to the desired fall semester of entering the nursing program. Transfer students will have their transcripts evaluated by the registrar and the chair of the department before being considered for final admission into the program.
Final admittance to the nursing program requires standing of at least 60 credits (not including PE credits) and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the freshman year and 3.25 in the junior year with a 3.0 or higher in all prerequisite courses. Preference will be given to students with higher GPAs. Students must be in good academic standing, not on alert or probation for academic reasons.
Proof of the following is required following provisional acceptance to the nursing program:
- Current immunizations required
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Certification
- Criminal History Information Background Inquiry Check
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFLiBT) is required for all not-licensed nursing applicants with English as a second language
- Prior admission to Florida College
- Liability and malpractice insurance prior to start of clinical experiences