One of the most important contributions provided by the Fine Arts Department at Florida College, is the opportunity for self-expression, either individually or with others. The stimulation and enjoyment derived from the arts springs from study, self-examination and criticism, discipline, knowledge of other disciplines that bear upon artistic interpretation, and a desire to achieve excellence.
The Fine Arts at Florida College has Four Primary Goals
To expose students to and involve them with the creative process through the arts, to heighten students’ sensitivity to them-selves and others, and to introduce them to a broad range of the arts.
To develop an understanding of the arts, impart knowledge of the arts and increase skills by means of courses offered within the framework of the liberal arts.
We must provide courses and curricula for music majors so they may have the necessary foundation for graduate study, teaching, performing, or other career-oriented goals.
We Offer Individual Instrument Lessons
Frequently Asked Questions
High School Music Director | Music Therapist | Ethnomusicologist | Music Librarian | Instrument Construction and Repair | Piano Tuning | Professional Ensemble Director | College/Conservatory/University Professor | Elementary School Music Teacher | School Music Administrator | Private Instructor | Music Business Management | Songwriter | Composer | Studio Music Production | Broadway or Opera Accompanist | Live Sound Engineer | Electronics Technician | Recording Engineer | Music Therapy | Tour Manager | Promotion/Marketing Director | Social Media Director | Booking Agent | Band Promotion | Artist Management | Media Publishing & Distribution | Club/Venue Owner or Manager | Digital Media Director | Digital Music Editor | Music Journalist | Cover Art Designer | Film Music Orchestrator | Record Producer | Music Agent | Artist Management | Arts Management | TV Music Marketing Director | Music Arranging | Music Software Designer | Cloud and Streaming Media | Symphony Musician | Private Accompanist | Video Game Systems Design | Lyricist | Creative Arts Therapist | Vocal/Instrumental Concert Soloist | Session Musician | Studio Musician | Opera Pit Orchestra Player/Director | Broadway Performer | General Business Music Systems | Background Vocalist | Floor Show Band.
Give us a minute, we’ll think of more.
- Wind ensemble calls for M/W/F rehearsals (one hour each) and jazz ensemble calls for T/R rehearsals (one hour each)
- No individual playing exams or fundraising
- We are also able to take two to four weeks off a semester!
- Most band students typically make the dean’s list or honor roll.
- Band members also have time to be involved in many other activities such as yearbook, chorus, Friends, drama, sports and cheerleading. Many are employed on or off campus.
- The larger and more expensive instruments are furnished by the College at no expense.
- Some smaller instruments are also available for students who do not own one or need an upgrade.
- Reeds, oil, grease, mutes, sticks, etc. are also provided free of charge.