Business Administration (BS)
Mr. Greiving, Program Coordinator
Total Semester Hours
Students majoring in Business Administration, Business Administration with Specialization in Management Information Systems, or Business Administration with Specialization in Sport Management must complete a total of 121 semester hours of accredited college work, excluding physical education activity credit hours.
General Education Requirements
Complete the 36 hours of General Education core course requirements including natural science and the physical education requirement.
Business Administration Core (42 hours)
- ACG 2001 Financial Accounting
- ACG 2011 Managerial Accounting
- BUL 3320 Law and Business I
- CGS 2100 Computer Applications in Business
- ECO 2013 Principles of Economics: Macro
- ECO 2023 Principles of Economics: Micro
- FIN 2100 Personal Finance
- GEB 1011 Introduction to Business Administration
- GEB 3213 Communication in Business
- ISM 3004 Management Information Systems
- MAN 3025 Principles of Management
- MAN 3600 International Business
- MAN 4701 Business Ethics and Society
- MAR 3023 Principles of Marketing
Science and Mathematics Requirement (10 hours)
Students must demonstrate competency in science and mathematics. This requirement may be met by taking one semester of a laboratory science, one semester of college algebra or higher, and one semester of elementary statistics.
Business Administration Major (21 hours)
- FIN 3403 Principles of Finance
- INP 4004 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- MAN 3301 Human Resource Management
- MAN 3802 Small Business Management
- MAN 4129 Organizational Leadership
- MAN 4720 Strategic Management (Capstone)
- MAN 4940 Business Administration Internship
Daily Bible Requirements
All students must take a Biblical Literature course each day that they take classes on the Florida College campus. Campus resident students must take a Bible course each day.
Major Field Test
Students must take the Major Field Test (MFT) in the last semester of their senior year. The MFT is given as a part of the Strategic Management (Capstone) course.
Quality of Work
A minimum 2.5 GPA in business courses and 2.25 GPA overall is required for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Business Administration with Specialization in Management Information Systems, or Business Administration with Specialization in Sport Management.
Students must complete 36 hours of their upper-level work at Florida College. The Strategic Management (Capstone) course must be completed at Florida College.
Candidates must participate in graduation exercises in the year of completing their other requirements. Any exception must be cleared with the Academic Dean of the College.