Careers at Florida College
Nursing Program Coordinator
This position shares in leadership of the Nursing Program through management and support of student recruitment and mentoring. In addition to active support of the community of nursing students at Florida College, this position supports the Chair of the Nursing Department in administration of the department, managing documentation for program accreditation and purchasing of equipment and supplies. The coordinator reports to the Department Chair of Nursing in active partnership with the Admissions and Marketing Departments.
- Coordinates the efforts of nursing faculty, admissions recruiters, and marketing specialists to attract nursing students to Florida College.
- Participates actively in student recruiting efforts, including visits, calls, and travels to promote the FC nursing program.
- Meets with the nursing students individually and cohorts, supporting their coursework through coaching, tutoring, and referral to other campus support.
- Monitors and collects data about student progress toward departmental goals for admission and academic achievement and student welfare.
- Collects and maintains data for clinical sites and regulatory/accrediting bodies and clinical partners.
- Helps to maintain relationships with clinical sites and adjunct faculty.
- Orders equipment and supplies.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in the nursing profession and/or recruitment, marketing, or administrative support.
- Proven record of successful collaboration with diverse partners at the institution and community levels.
- Excellent professional interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Experience with complex calendaring and scheduling.
- Demonstrated skills in team building and problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
Florida College is a private, independent liberal arts college, providing a comprehensive college experience designed to develop students spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially; to integrate into the students’ lives the Bible as the revealed word; and to prepare students for lives of service to their Creator and to humanity. All qualified applicants for this position must be Christians and be active, faithful members of a church of Christ and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of the college.
Application letters and CV should be submitted to Ms. Judy Bertram at email@example.com, indicating in the subject line both the name of the applicant and the position. Applications received by Monday, October 25, 2021 will be assured full consideration.