Careers at Florida College
Florida College seeks a full-time Maintenance Technician in the Facilities Department.
Florida College is a private, independent liberal arts college, providing a comprehensive college experience designed to develop students spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially by integrating into the students’ lives the Bible as the revealed will of God in order to prepare students for lives of service to their Creator and to humanity.
All qualified applicants for this position must be Christians and be active, faithful members of a church of Christ and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of the college.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose challenges while prioritizing competing demands while working collaboratively with other departments.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours and respond to emergency conditions, which could include nights and weekends
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds as the job can be physically demanding.
- Has a strong mechanical knowledge and aptitude.
- Operates with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the Florida College faculty, staff and administration to contribute to the Florida College mission.
- Performs on-going building and grounds maintenance including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, fire-alarm, plumbing and janitorial.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
- Performs duties to set-up and take down of equipment for various events that occur on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401K matching)
- Vacation, sick and personal time
Florida College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
Inquiries about the position, along with application letters and resume, should be submitted to the Director of Facilities, Tom Garland, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received with a view to hire as soon as possible.