Careers at Florida College
Florida College is seeking applicants for the position of Business Professor. This position is a full-time, tenure track position as a professor in our business department with expertise in Business Administration, with primary or secondary experience in Finance, including Real Estate Finance, Corporate Finance, and/or Investment. Other areas of expertise will be considered insofar as they complement existing areas of emphasis and experience in the Business department.
All qualified applicants for this position must be Christians and be active, faithful members of a church of Christ willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of the college.
- Teach an average of four courses each semester.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to be available for students in accordance with FC personnel policy.
- Serve as an academic advisor for Florida College students helping to develop degree plans, identify required and recommended courses, assist with transfer questions (as necessary) and mentor them through the college process.
- Serve on institutional committees and sponsor student organizations, as assigned by the Academic Dean.
- Participate regularly in professional development, committed to personal growth and excellence as a practitioner, scholar, and member for the Florida College faculty.
- Work collaboratively with the Florida College faculty, staff, and administration to contribute to the Florida College mission.
- Engage in service and scholarly activity with an interest in continued growth and enhancement of the department’s critical role among Florida College’s academic programs.
- Engage with students beyond the classroom by supporting and attending student activities.
Faculty in the Florida College Department of Business are committed to the college’s mission and relevancy in the 21st century. They are known for their teaching excellence, industry experience, and engagement with student success in and beyond the classroom.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Qualified candidates should have completed, or be actively progressing toward, a doctorate or a master’s degree in business (e.g. MBA), or business-related discipline, with at least 18 graduate hours of discipline-specific coursework.
- Candidates should have teaching experience, preferably at the college level.
- Candidates must be able to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff, administrators, and students while maintaining a professional and healthy attitude.
- We are seeking a qualified candidate who demonstrates dedication to God’s word with high spiritual and moral values.
- Preferred candidates will have occupational experience that enables them to educate students with practical and scholarly relevance.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the Academic Dean at email@example.com. Application letters and CV should be submitted to Ms. Judy Bertram at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by Monday, May 16, 2022 are assured of full consideration.
Florida College is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the college’s financial and physical assets. Therefore, Florida College conducts background checks on all finalists for employment in faculty positions.
Florida College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not engage in prohibited discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service. Florida College complies with applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws. All applicants must respect and comply with the established goals and practices of Florida College as a Christian oriented educational institution.