Careers at Florida College
Florida College is Seeking a Full-Time, Tenure-Track Professor of English.
The Florida College English department is recognized for its teaching excellence and its commitment to the mission of the college. The Florida College English department is seeking a faculty member who values mentoring and advising students, continuing professional development and growth in the English field, and teaching students. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in English, a master’s degree in English, or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the discipline. Individuals who are working on these qualifications will be considered. This position is a 9-month, tenure-track faculty position. This position begins August 1, 2021. The faculty member will engage in service and scholarly activity with interest in continued growth and enhancement of the department’s participation in the academic programs of Florida College.
- Teach a full load of courses each semester, a 4/4 load
- Serve as academic advisor for FC students
- Serve on institutional committees and sponsoring student organizations as assigned by the Academic Dean
- Participate regularly in professional development
- Work collaboratively with FC faculty, staff, and administration to contribute to the FC mission of educating the “whole man”
- Work with a diverse group of faculty, staff, administrators, and students while maintaining a professional attitude
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive benefits (health, dental, 401K matching)
- Vacation, sick and personal time
Florida College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not engage in prohibited discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability or prior military service. Florida College complies with applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws. All applicants must respect and comply with the established goals and practices of Florida College as a Christian oriented educational institution.
Application letters and CV should be submitted to Ms. Judy Bertram at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line both the name of the applicant and the academic area of the faculty position. Applications received by Thursday, December 10, will be assured full consideration.