THE CURRENT

Stories

Florida College Hires Director of Kinesiology

Dr. Jessica Miles will serve as the Director of Kinesiology for Florida College, starting August 2021. Miles will play an integral role in the establishment and development of the program and the success of its first graduating class.

“I am excited to share my passion and love for kinesiology with students who aspire to learn more about the way the body functions… Ultimately, being able to share my passion through a Christian perspective is so exciting, as God’s handiwork is so evident in the function of the human body, especially as it relates to its adaptations during movement and physical activity,” says Miles.

The new kinesiology program will focus on three tracks related to improving the body and its motion: Exercise Science, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy. The degree provides multiple career options, depending on students’ academic interests, abilities, and life goals.

“Dr. Miles is a certified athletic trainer, mother of two daughters, and a college professor. Her own life reflects the multiple paths that a kinesiology degree can open for helping the broader community while walking with God in your family,” says Academic Dean Dr. John Weaver.

We look forward to welcoming Dr. Miles this August, as well as her husband Patrick, who will serve on our education faculty. Mr. Miles will also work as an academic success coach for students in all our four-year degrees at Florida College.

“I can’t wait to learn and grow with the students, faculty, and staff, both spiritually and professionally. Being able to do so with my husband and daughters by my side is quite the dream come true,” says Miles.

To learn more about the BS in Kinesiology, beginning this fall, Click Here.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Scroll to Top