Welcoming Three Full-Time Faculty

Florida College is pleased to announce three full-time faculty members joining the Florida College family this fall. 

The newest addition to the Business Department, Mark Proctor, grew up understanding the mission of Florida College and his 26 years of experience working for a Fortune 50 organization will benefit business students on campus. He has an extensive amount of leadership experience and understands the challenges facing the business world today. 

Proctor brings a bachelor’s degree in communication and a master’s degree in organizational and human resources development both from Abilene Christian University to his work at Florida College. In the summer of 2021, he will receive his EdD in organizational development.

Proctor will begin teaching this fall with courses in business technology, business management and business communications.

For the past five years, Julia Gant has taught as an adjunct professor at Florida College. This fall, she will be teaching freshman composition classes full time in the English Department.

Gant graduated with her bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from Ball State University. In her early days as a professor, she dreamed about the opportunity to serve among the Florida College faculty where Christ is honored daily.

“Over the years I have received many blessings from my association with our beloved Florida College,” Gant said. “I am truly honored to pay forward those gifts to this unique institution where faith and high academic standards are interwoven so seamlessly.”

Growing up, Zac McCray always had a member of his family employed by the college. It is no surprise he developed a love for Florida College and its mission. He has been teaching as a professor for the past several years, and this year he will have a full-time position in the Communication Department. 

McCray graduated from Florida College with a bachelor’s degree in communication and received a master’s degree in creative writing with an emphasis on fiction from the University of Tampa. By December, he will have a graduate level certification in video production and promotion. In addition to coaching the Forensics team and working as the copyeditor for the Florida College Press, McCray will be teaching writing for the communication professions, mass communication and society and literacy in cinema this fall.

“I began working for Florida College while I was a student here, and quickly realized that everyone who worked here was my ‘family,’” McCray said. “It’s an environment unlike any I’ve ever experienced, and I love not only continuing my own family’s legacy, but helping my students find and pursue their own legacies.”

Congratulations to these professors on their accomplishments and using their gifts to serve our student body! To learn more about our faculty, visit floridacollege.edu/academics.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Scroll to Top