Emily Jackson is learning His way.

Growing up in Brandon, Florida, Emily Jackson always knew she wanted to go to Florida College. Now she is graduating with her bachelor’s degree in business administration in three years, and she is ready to take on whatever is next.

“I had known just about my whole life that I was going to go to Florida College,” Emily said. “I would watch the college kids come to church every year and I wanted to be like them.”

Emily enjoyed a very typical Florida College experience. She was involved on campus as a member of Phi Sigma Chi and the chorus. She was a supplemental instructor for intermediate algebra and statistics, and she also served as an academic ambassador for the business program. She especially enjoyed her time in the classroom, studying in the versatile business program and preparing for her future.

“I really enjoyed the human resources class last semester,” Emily said. “I like the organization side and that you don’t have to do the same thing every day.”

Although Emily isn’t sure exactly where her career path will take her, the broad study of business offered at Florida College will benefit her no matter what she decides. Emily has also used her time on campus to build lifelong relationships and make connections that will help her find a job in the future.

“Connections are everything,” Emily said. “With all of the Christians in this area, you get to know a lot of the people from all across the country, so I’m gaining ties everywhere.”

The connections Emily is building at Florida College helped her land her internship for this semester as an office assistant at Masonite International, Corp. A friend connected her to Sarah (Norman) Hanlon (B.S. ’10), the executive assistant for the CEO and president of Masonite International, Corp., and she decided to apply for the position. Emily spent the semester greeting employees and customers when they walk into the office, handling mail and the phones, and was offered other opportunities as well.

According to Emily, you can still find a job even if people haven’t heard of Florida College. It just takes a little bit of hard work.

“Just because people haven’t heard of Florida College doesn’t mean you can’t get a job,” Emily said. “You show a strong work ethic that others may not. Typically, students from Florida College tend to be hard workers.”

Emily is confident that the lessons she learned at Florida College will benefit her as she enters the workforce. Her time at Florida College prepared her to be a knowledgeable, hard working and ethical businessperson, all with God in mind.

“I’m ready to go to work and stay strong in my faith,” Emily said.

That’s how Emily Jackson is learning His way.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Scroll to Top