Emily Wolfe is living His way.

Whether it is in her involvement on the Florida College campus or her desire to become an elementary school teacher, Emily Wolfe is always looking for an opportunity to serve others.

“I just want to be a servant and help people in some way,” Emily said.

Emily attended a large high school in her hometown of Long Beach, California. With a graduating class of about 1,500 other students, she didn’t have many opportunities to get involved.

When she came to Florida College with her best friend from Florida College SoCal Camp, Jessa Milwee, Emily wasn’t expecting things to be very different. She certainly wouldn’t have anticipated that she’d be elected as the president of the student body government association for the 2015-2016 academic year.

“Never in a million years would I have guessed I would run for SBGA president,” Emily said. “In high school, I never did anything with the student body because it was so big. I didn’t have any desire to be a part of my high school, but I’ve enjoyed my years at Florida College so much. I want everyone else to enjoy their time here and find ways to have good, clean fun. “

Emily enjoys being involved at Florida College because it is her home away from home.

“Even though I’m all the way across the country and nowhere close to my home, the people and the environment at Florida College make it feel like home,” Emily said.

During her first two years on campus, Emily has served as a sophomore class officer, a telecounselor, a Zeta Phi officer and a dorm monitor. She has been on the Miss Florida College court and the Homecoming court, and she was last year’s Spring Queen. She is also currently a member of Alpha Club and a member of Apple Club, Florida College’s organization for aspiring teachers.

Emily is starting her third year of college and is working toward a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. Much like she serves the Florida College student body as SBGA president, Emily hopes to serve younger students by becoming an elementary school teacher. She would also like to use her degree to travel and teach English to children in foreign countries.

”With education, I want to help children be more comfortable with learning,” Emily said. “That’s also why I want to serve on campus. I want students to feel comfortable at Florida College and get involved because there’s so much to learn and so many ways to grow.”

Emily embodies the Florida College ideals of living in service to God and her fellow man.

That’s how Emily Wolfe is living His way.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Scroll to Top