Bradley Moorer is leading His way.

Bradley Moorer was born and raised in Temple Terrace. As son of the College’s longtime former basketball coach and athletic director, he remembers growing up as a self-described gym rat.

“I remember getting out of the [Florida College] Academy and walking straight over for practice. I’d go to all the home games and traveled with him to some of the away games too.”

For Moorer, attending the college that was so much a part of his childhood was an easy decision.

“I really wasn’t surprised,” said Moorer, referring to the transition. “I’d been exposed to everything here except the academics. Never once did it cross my mind I’d go anywhere else. It’s been a blessing. I knew exactly what to expect. It’s kind of in my blood that I go here.”

While he prepares for graduation, Moorer seeks to bring his natural passion for athletics to his career. He studied health sciences through the pre-med track of the liberal studies program, and was recently accepted into physical therapy school at Nova Southeastern University, where he will begin his studies this May.

“It’s been challenging, but good,” he said in reference to academics at the College. “And when it is challenging, you can go to anyone at any time. There are so many tools at your disposal. I’ve learned a lot.”

Moorer recently finished his fourth and final season with Falcons soccer, where he played as a stand-out defender and served as a captain for three years.

He remembers a gradual transformation in his ideas of leadership.

“My first year as captain, I tried to lead by example. I wasn’t very vocal. But my junior and senior years I stepped into it more,” he said.

“There are a lot of different people from a lot of different backgrounds,” he added about his collegiate soccer experience. “You can help them and they can help you.”

Moorer led off the field as well, serving as vice president of the sophomore class and as an Alpha Club member. Both positions — as well as the unique aspect of living on a campus filled with many types of leaders — have given him an enhanced perspective on leadership.

“There are many different kinds. Sometimes you have to be vocal. But if you can act in such a way where people notice, that’s the most important thing. Actions speak louder than words.”

That’s how Bradley is leading His way.

Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Scroll to Top