Florida College will participate in the global #GivingTuesday movement again on Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016, with a greater goal and a stronger mission to serve!
#GivingTuesday is a day of giving held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support. Last year, Florida College’s first-ever #GivingTuesday experience was an outstanding success. Our students, faculty and staff found ways to give back to the local community, and we raised $265,196.34 for Florida College in one day thanks to generous gifts from more than 250 donors across the country.
This year, Florida College has secured a matching gift of up to $200,000, thanks to two anonymous donors, doubling the impact of all gifts made on #GivingTuesday! Our goal for the day on Nov. 29 is to meet the match and raise $400,000 to support our students.
You can join the movement with us! Some ideas for how you can participate include:
1. Make a tax-deductible gift to Florida College on Nov. 29 to support student scholarships. Every dollar raised on #GivingTuesday will be directed to the Scholarship Partner Fund, providing scholarships in academics, athletics, fine arts and more.
2. Watch Florida College’s #GivingTuesday campaign on social media. Our students, faculty and staff will be giving back to our community on Nov. 29 too, so join our Facebook event to keep up with our plans.
3. Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday on social media throughout the next few weeks to talk about Florida College and why you plan to support students.
4. Encourage high-school juniors and seniors who give back to their communities to fill out our #GivingTuesday scholarship application before Nov. 29. One entrant will receive a $1,000 scholarship to Florida College on #GivingTuesday.
5. Share your #UNselfie on Nov. 29. Post a selfie on #GivingTuesday and add a caption explaining why you think it is important to give back. Don’t forget to tag Florida College so we can see your post.
There are many ways to get involved on #GivingTuesday. Please join the movement and visit our Facebook event to learn more about how you can make a difference!