Financial Aid


Free Application for Federal Student Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a government form you need to fill out before you can be considered for any federally-funded financial aid programs, and it should be your first stop after applying for admission.

Just like applying for admission it pays to fill out the FAFSA early—anytime after January 1. You can apply online at the FAFSA website:

The FAFSA Web Site

What You’ll Need to Fill Out the FAFSA

The FAFSA asks you for all sorts of background information. You’ll do yourself a favor if you have the following things on hand when you start working on the FAFSA:

  • Florida College’s school code: 001482
  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your driver’s license (if any)
  • Your most recent W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2011 Federal Income Tax Return – IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Palau
  • Your parents’ most recent Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
  • Your most recent untaxed income records
  • Your most recent bank statements
  • Your most recent business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
  • If you are not a U.S. citizen: your alien registration number or permanent residence card
  • You may elect to transfer tax information via the link provided on the FAFSA