William F. Chatlos Library
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Borrowing privileges must be exercised in person. Books, sheet music, records, and CDs may be borrowed for a period of four weeks using your FC student key fob. Prompt return of materials will allow for maximum usage by all borrowers. Materials checked out are subject to recall immediately if needed for reserve or classroom purposes.
- Students may borrow up to 15 items at a time.
- Periodicals may not be used outside the library.
- CDs and records may be checked out for four weeks. Videos may be used in the library but cannot be checked out. There is a TV/VCR available for viewing videos and a stereo system for tapes, records and CDs. Headphones may be checked out at the circulation desk for use with the stereo system.
Fines and Surcharges
Fines on overdue items are $.25 per day, per item. Fines on overdue reserve and hourly items are $.10 per hour, per item. The maximum fine per item is $10.00, with the exception of hourly check-outs which have a maximum fine of $25.00. As an incentive for paying fines in a timely manner, the library offers a 50% discount on fines paid at the time of returning item(s). The discount does not apply during the week of final exams. A $1.00 surcharge may apply to each item not returned by the week of final exams.
Renewing Borrowed Items
Items may be renewed once for an additional four weeks if no hold has been placed on the item. Items may be renewed in one of four ways:
- The item(s) may be brought to the circulation desk and renewed.
- Overdue items can only be renewed in person
- Renewal requests may be made over the phone by calling the library at 813.988.5131 x210. Please have the items you wish to renew with you when you make the call.
- Email your renewal request to email@example.com. Please include the barcode number for each item you want to renew.
- Through a library account on catalog. For help logging in, contact the library staff.
All items on reserve are held behind the circulation desk. Please ask library staff for assistance in locating reserve items. Unless otherwise stated, all reserve items may be checked out and used in the library for 2 hours at a time. Overdue items will accrue fines at a rate of 10 cents per hour. Reserve items may not be taken out of the library.
- Books: Reserve books may be checked out overnight one-half hour before closing time, but must be returned by the next morning when the library opens.
- Periodicals/Articles: Reserve periodicals and copies of articles are kept behind the circulation desk and may only be used in the library.
Faculty: Please submit a Reserve Request Form with all reserve readings, preferrably 24 hours prior to the date of reading assignment. This allows the library staff to prepare reserve items in an efficient and timely manner. Faculty members may download a Reserve Request Form here.