Major in Sports Management
Aims of Business Administration
Courses in Business Administration are designed to create general appreciation of business relationships, to develop techniques in accounting and business administration leading to upper-division courses and to meet the curriculum needs of those desiring to enter schools of advanced standing leading to their respective degrees in Business Administration.
The following minimum requirements will need to be accomplished for successful admission to the business program:
- Completion of the general education requirements – Minimum GPA 2.00
- Completion of the business core requirements – GPA 2.5
- Completion of the Business Program Application Form.
- Completion of the Major Field Test – Business, as a pre-test evaluation for students entering the Business Administration major. (Required second semester sophomore year)
- Submission of a two-page goals & objectives statement including at a minimum the following:
- The desired major course of study
- Preliminary career goals
- The value the student will bring to the business program
- Selection and assigning of a business program academic advisor
- An interview with the business faculty to evaluate the student’s preparation for junior/senior college work
Total Semester Hours
Students majoring in Business Administration or Business Administration with Specialization in Sports Management must complete a total of 121 semester hours of accredited college work, excluding physical education credit hours, with a total of 48 hours at the 3000—4000 level.
General Education Requirements
Complete the 36 hours of General Education core course requirements including natural science and the physical education requirement. Foreign language may be required in some programs.
Science and Mathematics Requirement
Students must demonstrate competency in science and mathematics. This requirement may be met by taking two semesters of a laboratory science (BSC 2085C/2086C Anatomy & Physiology I & II), one semester of college algebra or higher, and one semester of elementary statistics.
Quality of Work
A minimum 2.5 GPA in business courses and 2.25 GPA overall is required for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or Business Administration with Specialization in Sports Management.
Daily Bible Requirement
All students must take a Biblical Literature course each day that they take classes on the Florida College campus. Campus resident students must take a Bible course each day.
Students must complete 36 hours of their upper-level work at Florida College. The Strategic Management (Capstone) course must be completed at Florida College.
Students must take the Major Field Test (MFT) in the last semester of their senior year. The test is given as a part of the Strategic Management (Capstone) course.
Candidates must participate in graduation exercises in the year of completing their other requirements. Any exception must be cleared with the Academic Dean of the College.
Business Administration Core
All students majoring in Business Administration with Specialization in Sports Management must complete the following core courses:
- ACG 2001 Financial Accounting
- ACG 2011 Managerial Accounting
- BUL 3320 Law and Business I
- CGS 2100 Computer Application in Business
- ECO 2013 Principles of Economics: Macro
- ECO 2023 Principles of Economics: Micro
- FIN 2100 Personal Finance
- FIN 3403 Principles of Finance
- GEB 1011 Introduction to Business Administration
- GEB 3213 Communication in Business
- MAN 3600 International Business
- MAN 3025 Principles of Management
- MAN 4701 Business Ethics and Society
- MAR 3023 Principles of Marketing
Sports Management Specialization
At least 24 hours of business courses, to include the following:
- APK 3004 Introduction to Kinesiology
- MAN 4720 Strategic Management (Capstone)
- MAN 4940 Business Administration Internship
- PET 3251 Sports in American Society
- PET 3613C Athletic Training Techniques
- PET 3765 Principles of Coaching
- Sports Psychology
- Organization and Administration of Sports