First Investors Job Listing
From the First Investors website:
Since its founding in 1930, First Investors has followed the guiding principle of personal service connecting “Main Street to Wall Street” by helping individual investors and everyday families reach their financial goals through its nationwide network of registered representatives. Offering a competitive array of financial products and services including mutual funds, annuities, and life insurance, there were just a handful of financial services firms when we first opened our doors more than 80 years ago. In fact, First Investors was one of the original companies to offer mutual funds in the United States. Today, we are a recognized leader in the financial services industry serving the broad middle market with more than 550 financial services representatives in offices across 26 states.
In 2011, First Investors took a dramatic step forward to grow its business when it was acquired by Foresters™, a life insurance provider based in Toronto, Canada with offices in the United Kingdom. First Investors and Foresters have a shared purpose of enriching the lives of its clients, their families and communities through competitive financial products, unique member benefits1 and inspiring community-building activities.
The branch offering the position is located in Lexington, KY. Resumes should be emailed to Frank Patton, a 1998 alumni of Florida College, for processing.
The Insurance Agent is responsible for participating in and successfully completing all of the training and regulatory requirements of the nine-month Representative Development Program.
Individuals hired for this position must pass all state-required life insurance exam(s) prior to their start date and must satisfactorily complete all Validation Requirements of the Program, including securities registration(s).
Upon obtaining securities registration, the incumbent will assume the title of Financial Representative. Upon successful completion of all Program Validation Requirements, the incumbent will be appointed as an independent contractor Registered Representative of FIC.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Attend all required company training programs, whether classroom- based, web-based or on-the-job. and satisfactorily meet the all Validation Requirements of the Program.
- Adhere to all applicable Company compliance/regulatory guidelines and procedures.
- Satisfy all activity requirements of the Program, including targeting of prospective clients, setting appointments, keeping appointments, closing sales, etc.
- Meet and consult with management/training team to develop presentations to clients and appropriate client solutions.
- In conjunction with training, meet with clients to identify their specific financial needs and recommend appropriate options and solutions.
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to all client requests.
- Achieve sales and other activity targets within expected time frames.
- Complete paperwork accurately, completely, and in accordance with all regulatory and other company-required procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance or related field of study preferred, OR
- Equivalent work experience.
Experience And Background Requirements:
- Must have passed all state-required life insurance exam(s) prior to hire.
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6 and 63 (depending on state requirements) license(s) within 4 – 6 weeks of employment date.
- Ability to travel to prospect and meet clients in a variety of professional settings including clients’ homes.
- Must be client-focused with a professional and personable demeanor.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
(Office, production, warehouse, etc.)
- Office and other professional settings, e.g., clients’ homes.
- Multiple office locations
- Full time position (40 hours)