Mrs. Annetta Hastings Receives Tenure

November 6, 2013

IMG_0924.hastings-tenure

On Wednesday, October 30, Florida College recognized Mrs. Annetta Hastings as its latest tenured professor.

Miss Annetta Mauck completed her associate’s degree from Florida College in 1986, and went on to complete the Bachelor of Science in Education with a major in Secondary Education at Indiana University in 1988. After three years of teaching high school she returned to Florida College to work in the admissions office while teaching primarily on an adjunct basis through the spring of 1994. In the same year she completed her master’s degree in mathematics education at the University of South Florida.

In the summer of 1994 she moved to Dyersburg, Tenn., where she taught mathematics at Dyersburg Community College for two years, and, more importantly, met Lee Hastings (pictured). The two married in 1997, and for the next 10 years Annetta stayed at home to focus on raising their children.

In 2007 Mrs. Hastings returned again to Florida College to teach mathematics as a full-time professor. This began her tenure track as well as her service outside the classroom, including sponsorship of student organizations Omega Chi and LOVE (Ladies of Virtue and Excellence), Math Lab coordinator, membership in the Curriculum Review Committee and a faculty representative on the President’s Advisory Council.

In her tenure portfolio she expressed her dedication to academic excellence and to Florida College:

“Having completed 10 years of my life at Florida College as a student, staff member and professor, I am dedicated to its mission. I have such an appreciation for this school and realize the incredible impact it has had on my life, and I hope and pray that I can pass that amazing gift on to others.”

Florida College is honored to have Mrs. Annetta Hastings as its latest tenured professor, and thanks her for her commitment to academic excellence and her alma mater.