Saif Alsafeer makes semi-pro signing

March 4, 2013

On Friday, March 1 Florida College senior Saif Alsafeer signed with the Tampa Marauders, a club in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL). Alsafeer, a four-year starter and three-time captain at Florida College, was an invaluable asset to the College’s men’s squad. IMG_2300

“It was a pleasure coaching Saif,” said his former coach, Matthew Evans. “He understands the game of soccer, and is looking to improve himself each day as a person and player. I am thrilled for the opportunity he is getting and I hope he will continue to reach even greater heights in the game of soccer.”

Alsafeer’s signing is the latest in his many soccer accolades. He was a three-time USCAA Academic All-American and a two-time USCAA Athletic All-American nominee. He also led the Falcons in their 2011 run to the USCAA National Title game.

Though his official signing took place March 1, Alsafeer has been practicing with the team for the past two weeks during their pre-season. “The past two weeks have been very competitive and exciting,” he said. “And I am very thankful that God has blessed me with such an amazing opportunity.”