Chorus Wraps Up South/Midwest Tour

March 28, 2011

The Florida College chorus wrapped another successful year of uplifting music and interaction with our constituents the traditional Spring Break tour and the final concert of the year last Thursday.

According to Travis Peterson, a senior in the four-year music program, this year was a good one for the chorus.

“Because the band and chorus toured separately, the group…was smaller than in previous years, which forced the chorus to step it up a notch,” he says. “I think they delivered.  The spring tour was successful, as were the on-campus concerts.”

This year’s chorus tour was a return to the previous weeklong format and included performances in Birmingham, Ala., Springdale, Ark., Kansas City, Mo., Chicago, Ill., and Louisville, Ky.

This season marked the final year in the chorus’ three-year series: “The Greatest Story Ever Told,” with pieces that focused on Jesus’ birth, life, and finally, resurrection.

“Participating in all three installments has been wonderful, and I think this year’s show makes a beautiful ending to the project,” says Peterson.

In addition to the moving musical selections, last week’s final concert was an especially emotional event for Peterson, since it was his final performance with the group before his graduation.

“I think the last performance, the one here at home, was particularly meaningful.  We always have such support here.  It was the last concert for the seniors, and I think it was a good one to go out on.”

All in all, the chorus enjoyed another successful—and inspirational—year.

“I think the chorus was indeed successful this year,” says Peterson. “Our work as a chorus is first and foremost a form of communication, and I think the chorus was able to communicate what we intended.”